We are proud to announce the FULL TESTNET MULTIPLAYER VERSION of Super Crypto Kart is NOW LIVE!!!
What does this mean??
It means you can now play FULL MULTIPLAYER ON KOVAN TESTNET WITH TESTNET $CHAIN AND $ETH IN NON-CUSTODIAL, SMART CONTRACT BASED CONTESTS AND COMPETITIONS WITH UP TO 8 OTHER PEOPLE PER LOBBY!
This is Phase 1 so everyone can test the multiplayer functionality. Now that you all have started to get the hang of the maps in single player, it’s time to put your crypto where your mouth is and try out the multiplayer ropes!
Phase 2 will be mainnet launch with REAL TOKENS which we are targeting some additional features including a NEW MAP called Crypto City (Vegas style), and some additional scaling (maybe even some layer 2 solutions to reduce fees/gas).
We are working on some walkthrough videos to show the entire process of how getting setup with the wallet and online works, and are continually improving the process and will do so for our mainnet push. So bare with us as not everything is completely enabled in this build in terms of making it so UI/UX friendly that even your GRANDMAMMY will be able to figure it out! (but that’s coming)
Please report any bugs orissues you may find in our discord channel.
-Windows build shows v1 on git installer and folder selection. This is known, but it takes an hour+ to rebuild the image, so that will be fixed for tomorrow’s release. Don’t worry you’re still running v2
-Stats for games aren’t being recorded yet to the server, so no rankings, seeing friend’s rankings etc.
-Server distance (km) doesn’t show in server list mode yet
-Controller config doesn’t save after exiting game
Instructions to Get Started:
1. Switch your Web3 wallet to Kovan Test Network. On metamask, this is the down arrow at the very top. It most likely says “Main Ethereum Network” right now. Click the down arrow and switch it to Kovan Test Network.
2. Get yourself some testnet $CHAIN -> https://faucet.chaingames.io/ (If you receive a tx hash error after you try to send yourself testnet $CHAIN, it’s because you haven’t switched your wallet to Kovan Test Network.
3. Get yourself some testnet $ETH -> https://gitter.im/kovan-testnet/faucet
4. Download and install the latest v2. of Super Crypto Kart Downloads
5. Load up Super Crypto Kart and create a new online account if you haven’t already by clicking your name in the top right. Make sure you check the “online” box and “remember password” if you want to.
6. Go back to the main menu and click “Online” to get to online mode. Then click “Your Profile”. This is where you will link your metamask wallet. Click the button and Chrome or your web browser should load into the Chain Games Web3 UI interface.
Click link metamask again on the Web3 UI to approve Chain Games and sign the transaction. Once that completes again click link metamask on the website to connect into the smart contract. From there you should now see your wallet, available balances, and current allocation of $CHAIN for your gaming session.
7. At the bottom of the page you can now choose how much $CHAIN you want to allocate to this gaming session. Don’t worry, if you don’t use all your $CHAIN in the session, it will stay locked in the smart contract for when you come back to play again. Once you have chosen how much to allocate, go ahead and submit the transaction. Make sure you choose a fast gas amount so it completes quickly.
8. Once the transaction completes you’re now ready to play! It takes up to 10 seconds for your wallet tab to update in game with your current balance, allowance, and wallet address. If it doesn’t update, just switch to another tab and back to the wallet to force an update.
9. Click the back button and click “Play Online” and then “Find Server”. This will populate the list of 8 servers we currently setup worldwide. Choose the server that is closest to your geographic region by double clicking on it. Up to 8 players can play in a lobby at any one time, and if more servers are needed we will stand them up.
10. Have fun!
Maps are voted on by lobby members. Same with number of laps, and if you want to play the map in reverse or not.
We are proud to revolutionize the Web 3.0 Blockchain gaming, and hope that you join us!
$CHAIN ERC-20 Contract: 0xC4C2614E694cF534D407Ee49F8E44D125E4681c4 https://etherscan.io/token/0xC4C2614E694cF534D407Ee49F8E44D125E4681c4
$CHAIN Uniswap Info: https://uniswap.info/token/0xC4C2614E694cF534D407Ee49F8E44D125E4681c4
$CHAIN Bilaxy: https://bilaxy.com/trade/CHAIN_ETH